Airobotics has developed a pilotless automated UAV solution, the first of its kind in the global market. We provide an end-to-end, fully automatic UAV solution for collecting aerial data and gaining insights. Our industrial grade platform enables industries such as mining and oil & gas to access aerial data in a faster, safer, more efficient manner.
We are seeking an IT Linux/Network Engineer to join our team in Scottsdale, AZ.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record as a subject matter expert in Linux VM administration in cloud and remote field locations. This candidate must have solid knowledge of networking in Linux/Unix, and a mastery in the principles of Linux administration. Our Linux Engineer is responsible for software installations, system builds, scripting, system patching etc. and develops and deploys monitoring solutions to keep our systems running smoothly. This administrator maintains access control lists, disk storage management, data backup, and recovery and configures infrastructure tools to monitor and manage the environment health. When problems arise, this individual drives solutions for complex problems escalated from other teams and collaborates with Engineering or R&D for overall stability and management of the production environment. To assure high availability, of our Linux infrastructure, the candidate is expected to identify and implement continuous improvements to the process, procedures, documentation, automation and systems via stringent change control processes. This candidate must also have very strong Information Security comprehension to assure data protection and our security posture is considered into everything we do by ensuring our Linux architecture is designed and implemented to the highest security standards. Prior experience implementing and managing a monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Grafana, Nagios, SolarWinds, Dynatrace NDM is essential.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years' experience working in a highly-availability production environment and will be expected to document trouble ticket notes in our ticketing systems, providing a full detailed account of all information exchanges, steps taken, research used and final solution.
Note: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Proactively monitor Linux and Windows infrastructure and respond to any critical alarms
2. Implement and maintain monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Wireshark and Zabbix, Grafana, etc.
3. Responsible for troubleshooting Linux servers and on occasion, get involved to troubleshoot end-to-end network issues.
4. Configuration, shipment and installation of servers or network equipment for new field installations or RMA replacement
5. Support our Linux systems to the highest security standards.
6. Define and maintain Linux security policy, standards, and procedures as well as Linux security best practice policies for production environments.
7. Implement Linux and network security best practice policies for both corporate and production environments.
8. Draft and maintain Linux related security policies, standards, and procedures.
9. Ensure Linux and network infrastructure is designed and implemented to the highest security standards
10. Lock down Linux account and rights assignments to least-privilege RBAC model and integrate to Active Directory
11. Creating and maintain scripts to automate functions in the Production environment with scripting languages such as bash, python, etc.
12. Contribute to and regularly test disaster recovery and high availability systems pertaining to Linux and Windows.
13. Solid understanding of how to troubleshoot network issues
14. Work on trouble tickets to resolve any issues according to SLA's
15. Operate as Level 3 escalation support to resolve customer issues, or otherwise, escalating to data center operations or application engineers as necessary
16. Prepare and maintain appropriate written documentation for procedures, systems, and infrastructure
17. Responsible for maintaining Linux configurations with tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
Configure, test, and maintain and patch Linux regularly