Airobotics has developed a pilotless automated drone solution, the first of its kind in the global market. We provide an end-to-end, fully automatic drone solution for collecting aerial data and gaining insights. Our industrial grade platform enables industries such as Mining and Oil & Gas to access aerial data in a faster, safer, more efficient way.
Airobotics is rapidly expanding in Australia and is looking for an expert Electrical Refrigeration Technician for our Australian Operations based in Kardinya- Perth with a FIFO aspect. The position is based on a 7 days onsite, 7 days R@R, 5 days in the Perth Office rotation and is subject to change dependent on Company or Client needs. Additionally there will be from time to time a requirement to travel both Nationally and Internationally for either work or training requirements.
About the role
In the role of Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for the Electrical and Air conditioning aspects of deployment, breakdowns, preventative maintenance, reliability and installation of Airobotics Australia’s Docking Stations and Masts to support our autonomous drone operations throughout Western Australia. The role requires you to be able to liaise with key stakeholders; both clients and Airobotics personnel from across the globe. This is an exciting role working in a world class environment at the forefront of drone technology.
· Undertake a duty of care for yourself and others at all times.
· Promptly report all incidents, injuries and near misses.
· Promptly report new hazards and rectify them where possible.
· Apply risk management processes and a Safe System of Work to all aspects of your work.
· Contribute to the implementation, execution, and improvement of the Airobotics Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures and activities.
· Current WA Drivers Licence, Unrestricted C Class.
· Valid Australian Passport
· Refrigeration License
· Extensive experience in control wiring and automation
· Certificate IV in Engineering - Instrumentation
· Certificates in High Risk Work (Working at Heights, Confine Space, EWP, Riggers, Crane, Forklift).
Functional / Technical Skills:
· Exceptional planner and attention to detail
· Extensive working electrical knowledge and experience within Australian Standards
· Heavy industries/mining background – Advantage
· Good verbal and written skills and the ability to compile technical documents as required
· Advanced MS Software capabilities
· Operate at a high professional level
· Ability to work towards continuous improvement
To be successful in the role you will;
· Have a high regard for safety
· Be able to work flexible work hours
· Be an Electrician with a full refrigeration license
· Attend site operations for breakdowns and deployments
· Have good communication skills to communicate with staff from across the globe
· Be able to trouble shoot and fault find
· Be able to record variations to enable continuous improvement
· Be able to execute Information Analysis Investigation by sourcing, analysing, investigating and interpreting data.
· Ensure Statutory compliance – MSIR, Electricity Act 1945 and Electricity Regulations 1947
· OH&S and environmentally aware
· Demonstrate the required Airobotics values and behaviours that will drive the desired culture.
· Adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various groups and individuals.
· Display a passion for technology.