Airobotics has developed a pilotless automated UAV solution, the first of its kind in the global market. We provide an end-to-end, fully automatic UAV solution for collecting aerial data and gaining insights. Our industrial grade platform enables industries such as mining and oil & gas to access aerial data in a faster, safer, more efficient manner.
We are seeking a Director of Service & Support to join our team in Scottsdale, AZ.
The Director of Service and Support is a strategic operational leader who is responsible for all aspects of development and continuous process improvement in the support and delivery of B2B solutions of our industrial & autonomous UAS platform; This includes developing and deploying Airobotics service & support policies, objectives, and initiatives while being compliant with aviation industry standards.
This position reports directly to the VP of Customer Care and manages the global Service and Support team of service engineers network including 3rd party authorized partners and Service documentation configuration & control Acts as the governing entity for all technical actions for system deployment, performance, maintenance, refurb and end of life in the field and depots with regional Airobotics teams and external partners. Develops service level standards focused on client SLA’s with appropriate response times and issue resolution, establishes policies and procedures that produce high quality customer service delivery and that reflect industry best practices for both hardware and software data platforms.
Additionally, this position is responsible for identifying a consistent culture, processes and performance across the company’s international landscape including re-sellers, distributors and direct sales. They will be familiar with client interactions across multiple channels for support solutions across telephone, email, live chat and dedicated social media knowledge base. Responsible for developing company knowledge base for internal support and third parties along with service TAT metrics and spare parts planning and end of life management. Role includes building global customer care road map with VP of Customer Care, leveraging internal and external support partners to scale with global consistency.
- Leads and develops regional service and support teams and strategic partners to provide customer support throughout America, APAC and EMEA
- Oversees field technicians, avionics and mechanics integration and workshops, help desks and flight decks
- Manages a global team of service engineers, configuration control and technical writers
- Maintains responsibility for Operations engineering; installation, service & maintenance, refurb and end of life management. Manages field Configuration
- Manages the cost center budget with VP of Customer Care
- Improves CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) including service TAT aligned to company and aviation standard along with meeting and exceeding client’s SLA’s
- Reduces the cost to serve pre and post warranty periods
- Empowers and engages the Customer Service Team worldwide including brand consistency with re-sellers and partners
- Enhances the First Call Resolution into help desk
- Identifies new tools and technologies to drive efficiencies in customer care
- Creates and maintains knowledge service data base
- Uses client insights and feedback and root cause analytics to identify improvements and present these to the relevant company stakeholders
- Drives voice of the customer across the organization
- Maintains accountability for ensuring full regulatory compliance and legal requirements are being adhered to; identifying any potential risks and mitigation
- Defines, negotiates and agrees effective utilization of resources in line with service specifications, working with, or being responsible for resource planning in conjunction with business objectives and service level agreements.
- Partners with sales and business development to optimize existing client profitability through business planning, collaboration and delivering increased revenue streams.
- Acts as operations focal point of contact for NPI, SCM, Sustain Engineering and R&D
- Develops and establish directives and procedures; maintenance tasks, site planning, service procedures, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
Education, Licensure or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/ electrical/ avionics/ robotics engineering is required
- Master’s degree is a plus
Work Experience or Related Experience:
- 7 to 10 years of direct service engineering or related experience is required
- Operational experience in an Aerospace field is strongly preferred dealing with service and support in an Enterprise and industrial B2B environment.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described
- The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making, and organization skills is required. Incumbents must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must have the ability to consult with, negotiate and influence others in a positive manner and in support of the overall goals and mission of the company is critical
- Must be able to manage and mentor employees and participate in employment related matters
- Strong leadership skills are essential as is the ability to accomplish goals through others. A collaborative approach to organizational management is essential
- Must have a good understanding of UAV products, technologies, business model and internal functions is necessary to become proficient and competent in this role
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to ~ 25% of time)
- Ability to work well with remote management and staff