Airobotics is seeking an experienced Sales Director to be based in Perth. The Sales Director will play an instrumental part in the regions leadership team and report directly to the Global Chief Revenue Officer (CRO). The role is key in achieving the strategic goals of the business and will be a part of the global senior sales leadership team. The Sales Director will manage the local sales team with the goal of achieving company targets and expanding the Airobotics footprint in the theatre. This role is customer-focused while upholding the strategic imperatives of the company, thus a good bit of travel will be required to ensure customer relationship strategies are being executed and global influence is maintained with key departments like marketing, product, and R&D.
Airobotics has developed a pilotless automated UAV solution, the first of its kind in the global market. We provide an end-to-end, fully automatic UAV solution for collecting aerial data and providing insights to our clients in the mining industry. Our industrial grade platform enables industries such as mining and other industrial sectors to derive meaningful insights from aerial data in a faster, safer, more efficient manner. It is essential that this person be able to engage on the data and analytics that are produced to enable the customer to embrace the total value of this comprehensive solution.
What will your job look like?
· Engaging with all clients, prospects, and partners in region
· Responsible to build and execute a regional sales strategy that is aligned with the global imperatives.
· Leading the sales team to meet sales and/or exceed targets as defined by CRO
· Education of the market on the total solution…drone technology and data analytics platform
· Hosting, engaging with local civil authorities as well as other professional organizations to evangelize our approach in this space
· Understanding client requirements and tailoring solutions
· Identifying new opportunities with existing clients
· Tracking and reporting on deals in an accurate manner
· Strategy development and implementation
· Coaching, mentoring, and leading all team members as we mature this organization
· Partner effectively with the regional General Manager to ensure the team is compliant with local regulations, communicating consistently
with all departments in the local offices, and effectively supporting the company culture.
· 5 years of management experience leading and developing sales channels (direct as primary and indirect as secondary)
· Over 3 years of experience in the mining/industrial/data platform industry
· Proven track record of success in enterprise sales
· Experience with CRM software, specifically salesforce
· Bachelor’s degree
· Strong business acumen
· Strong quantitative skills
· Proven ability to build and scale a sales team for sustainable as well as predictable success
· Master’s Degree
· Experience in sales within the mining industry
· Experience with GIS based products
· Previous experience and success in establishing reseller market channels, ideally in Australia/APAC/Japan
· Multiple languages would be an added bonus as we seek to grow operations throughout APAC/Japan